Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Shopping and Knitting

Seems like everyone and their mother is writing about "Black Friday" and I guess I'm jumping on the bandwagon. I'm getting annoyed that one of my most favorite holidays - Thanksgiving - is being treated as a "warm up" to Christmas. To me, Thanksgiving is about counting our blessings and being together as a family. According to the TV, though, it's just a fueling station before the real joy of the weekend - shopping. Call me Scrooge, whatever, but there is nothing that I want so badly that I'll get up at 4am to obtain. I did not participate in Black Friday this year, I'm happy to say. Instead, Dave and I went to a craft fair where he bought me my combo Birthday/Christmas present - gorgeous gold earrings that we bought directly from the artist who made them. So take that, advertising!

I was so happy that my Amused was done - I was planning to wear it to Thanksgiving dinner. Remember how I said I was going to use warm water to block it to hopefully shrink it down a smidge in order to wear it? Yeah, blocking made it about 400x too big for me. It's in the frog pond now...

Yet again, something that I knit is far, far too big for me. At least I'm consistent, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment