Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

On writing about the wedding

Life list item #37 was to write a wedding graduate post for APW and submit it. I think at this point, though, I’m ready to remove that item from my list. To me, the wedding was a Big Thing, and such a beautiful memory for me, that I’m not sure I want to open my experience to the outside. Even if it was never published, someone else would read it, and I don’t think I want to be that emotionally vulnerable to someone (or maybe a lot of someones) I’ve never met. I certainly appreciate the women who do write for APW, I just don’t think I want to be one of them.

So, I’m removing that item. I certainly don’t plan to do that will all the items on my list, but it’s good to re-evaluate sometimes and do what’s right for me, lists be damned.

No comments:

Post a Comment