Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Trying to Focus

I’ve noticed a strange thing since I’ve been trying to focus on my goals and what I can achieve. I’ve been feeling really scattered - pulled in a thousand different directions. Even when I’m actively working on a goal I’ve set for myself, I’m thinking about all the other goals that aren’t getting done in that particular moment. It can be really overwhelming.

I’m trying to think of ways to calm my brain down. I think I need to do two things - 1. make certain goals habits and 2. try to be in the moment as much as possible. For things like my C25k goal, I don’t really need to think about it - I just need to set aside time to do it and make it a habit. The program is already there; I just need to follow it.

Being in the moment is a little harder. But really, in the grand scheme of things, does it matter if I cross 5 things off my list per day? Or 3? Or 1? No, not really. The reason I have all my lists is so that I’m not wandering aimlessly around every day, wondering what I should work on. Once I’m working on something, I want to be fully present and engaged in what I’m doing. So, I think I just need to slow down, breathe, and focus on whatever it is I’m doing - if that’s brushing up my resume, knitting a sweater, or chatting with my husband. I want to be present in my life, not constantly worrying if I’m doing enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment